Our Mission: “Create a partnership between parents, teachers, and our community members that will provide academic excellence in an environment that encourages strong character and respectful behavior.”
There are two lasting gifts we can give our children. One is roots, and the other wings. – Hodding Carter
- A small school is the ideal setting for creating a strong sense of belonging and community (roots) and for nurturing curiosity and compassion (wings)
- Strong school-community connections support strong academics, strong families, and vibrant community life (roots)
- Academic excellence, including basic skills and critical thinking, is possible & necessary for all students (wings)
- A strong education includes an appreciation and understanding of history, including local heritage (roots)
- A strong education includes understanding larger global issues and technology as a learning tool (wings)
Our “roots and wings” philosophy fosters students’ identity and belonging while preparing them to become productive members of society. Our commitment is to provide a unique program that lays a solid foundation upon which our children’s intelligence, creativity, social and environmental awareness can flourish. These solid roots will enable our students to soar into a bright future.
We maintain the feeling of a small neighborhood school by limiting classroom ratios to approx. 1:25 and the overall school population to approximately 225 for Kindergarten-8th grade.
Coburg Community Charter School – a comprehensive educational program for grades Kindergarten-8 combining the Core Knowledge Sequence for daily history, science, geography, literature, music and visual arts with special emphasis in reading, writing, and mathematics. Children’s mental and physical health are nurtured through regular Physical Education classes. Our development of school values, dress code, and our character building exercises, foster a strong sense of belonging for staff and students. Fridays often consist of school-wide assemblies, skill days, and community service activities. CCCS offers FULL DAY Kindergarten!
- Skills Days – Members of the community come into the school to share their areas of expertise, or a skill, with K-5th grade students for a 4 week session. Students then showcase their newly learned skill at a school-wide assembly at the end of the Skill Day session. We have approximately 3 Skill Day sessions a year.
- Community Involvement – Students are involved in projects around the Coburg community such as Arbor Day tree planting, Senior Meals, Scrap Metal Drive, and other community service opportunities. CCCS has strong partnerships with Coburg Police, Coburg Fire District, the City of Coburg, local farmers and businesses.