2017/2018 School Choice Season
Eugene 4j –
School Choice In-District Applications Due Wednesday, January 31, 2018, at midnight. This includes applications for International High School.
Students who live in the attendance area for the region of the high school they plan to attend do not need to submit school choice applications unless they want to be in IHS. If students want to be in the Honors Program at Sheldon, they will need to submit an application. See the link posted below.
In-district School Choice 2017/2018 – School Choice – Forms and Process
Application period opens: Monday, January 1, 2018, at 4Jschoolchoice.com
Deadline to be included in lottery: Wednesday, January 31, 2018, at midnight
In-district lottery conducted and lottery results emailed to parents: by mid-February 2018
Deadline to accept placement: 5 business days from email notification
2018–19 School Choice for Non-Residents
Families who live outside of Eugene School District 4J may apply to transfer to the district. The first and best opportunity to be granted a transfer is the annual open enrollment process. The request form for out-of-district open enrollment will be available online March 1–April 1, 2018.
Out-of-district families are welcome to attend the district’s school choice events held in January 2018 (see above).
- If you are in the Sheldon attendance area and are planning on going to Sheldon next year, here are the upcoming important dates.
- Thurs. Jan 25 – Start 7pm-8:15; Eugene International High School Informational Meeting at Sheldon High School. 7:00pm Spanish Immersion will follow.
- 4/18/18 Parent Meeting for CCCS/Cal Young parents at Sheldon 7:00pm. C-9 Lecture Hall
- 4/19/18 Parent Meeting for CCCS/Monroe parents at Sheldon 7:00pm. C-9 Lecture Hall
- 4/19/18 Registration for CCCS students at Coburg Charter. *Students will be doing forecasting in the classroom during the day.
Honors at Sheldon – Application is due TBA http://www.shs.lane.edu/academics/honors/honors/
International High School – http://ihs.4j.lane.edu/
SHELDON – International High School (IHS) info night – Tues. Jan. 23 –7pm-8:15
To be considered for enrollment in Eugene IHS you must submit an online 4J School Choice lottery application. The in-district lottery opens January 1, 2018 and closes January 31, 2018. Go to: www.4j.lane.edu/choice.
School Visitation Weeks:
- COMPREHENSIVE – Thurs. Jan. 25 – Start 9am-10:15; Start 1pm-2:15
January 18, 10:30am: info meeting and school tour
January 23, 7:00pm: info meeting and meet teachers
- 8th Grade Preview Night – Wednesday, Jan 24, 2018
INTERNATIONAL High School (IHS) – Thurs. Jan. 11 – Start 7pm-8:30;
SCHOOL CHOICE VISIT – Tues. Jan. 16 – Start 11 am-12 pm;
- SCHOOL CHOICE VISIT – Wed. Jan. 17 – Start 1:30 am-2:30pm;
SCHOOL CHOICE VISIT – Thurs. Jan. 18 – Start 6:30 pm-8:30 pm;
A3 (Academy of Arts and Academics) 541-744-6728
There are a series of Information Nights:
Information Nights for A3 – Academy for Arts and Academics for next school year are: Feb 5, 13, 21 at 7:00 pm. If you have, or know of, a student interested in attending A3 next year, February is the time to begin the process. Come to an Info Night to get a tour and/or sign up your student for a half or full day. These student visits, called “shadowing”, start the week of Feb 19. It’s best to apply early to secure a spot as the school can—and has—filled in previous years. Apply online anytime at A3school.org.
Preview Day (open house) will be taking place on January 6th at Marist from 1-4:30 p.m.